Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Biology Professor Desecrates the Eucharist

P.Z. Myers, a biologist and associate professor at the University of Minnesota, Morris, has published on his blog that he has fulfilled his threat to desecrate a consecrated host taken from a Roman Catholic Mass. His blog post is below.

I simply have no words to express how sick to heart and sad I am that this man would do something like this. My deepest sympathies to my Catholic brothers and sisters. May God in His mercy speak to Dr Myers and bring him to repentance.

Again, I am so sorry.

In Christ,

+Fr Gregory

Yes, the sad little cracker has met its undignified end, so stop pestering me. The cracker, the koran, and another surprise entry have been violated and are gone. You\'ll have to wait until tomorrow for the details, what little of them there are. I must quickly apologize to all you good Catholics who were hoping to attend Mass, since you can\'t anymore — I have been told many hundreds of times now that cracker abuse violates your right to practice your religion. I guess you\'ll have to adapt. Secular humanism is a good alternative, if you aren\'t already flocking to join the Mormons.

Anyway, I\'ve got important things to do today. It\'s my oldest son\'s birthday, and I told him that as a gift to me him, I\'d take myself him to see The Dark Knight. I sure hope the world doesn\'t end before the movie does.

Zemanta Pixie

Print this post